Senior Network technician
Senior Network Technician – Columbus, OH
Our client is seeking a Senior Network Technician to support a large Defense Agency in Columbus, OH. This position will perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. The Senior Network Technician monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Strong understanding of core network technologies including LAN, WAN, routing, and switching is a must along with strong knowledge of network analysis and packet capture tools.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform a variety of network management services related to the operation, performance, or availability of data communications networks.
• Modify command language programs, network start-up files, assign/reassign network device logically, analyze network performance, and recommend adjustments to a wide variety of complex network management functions.
• Perform network management and troubleshooting using Computer Associates Spectrum, Juniper Network Security Manager, JuniperSpace, Splunk, HP Network Automation (HPNA)/HP Operations Orchestra (HPOO), NetScout nGenius, NetCool, Schnozz, Gigamon and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) based management software.
• Manage firewall troubleshooting and operations, including firewalls produced by McAfee, Cisco, Palo Alto and Juniper.
• Manage and troubleshoot all VLANs, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) areas, VPN, and associated tunnels to peers to include key management.
• Follow the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Foundations, Service Operations, Event and Incident Management, and Continuous Service Improvement, ITIL v3 Operations Management.
• Manage Access Control List (ACLs) on required network devices. Configure and secure all communication devices to meet or exceed Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements.
• Responsibility for overall performance and availability of networks.
• Provide LAN/MAN/WAN network support with skill in network analysis, integration, and tuning.
• Analyze client LANs/MANs/WANs, in order to isolate source of problems.
• Recommend a reconfiguration and implementation of new network hardware to increase performance when appropriate.
• Build Operations & Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain service; build Tactics, Techniques and Process (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists.
• Monitor and control the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools.
• Identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in IT/CCNP or 6+ years of overall related experience
• Must hold DoD-8570 IAM level II/III baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
• CCENT/CCNA qualifications are preferred.
• Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, What's Gold, Solarwinds, etc.
• Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco routers and switches.
• Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies and 802.1x.
• Currently possess an active Secret Clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Our client is an Information Technology Solutions Company - providing innovative IT solutions and organizational support within the DOD and the Civil sector. Their largest presence is in the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S Army, U.S. Navy, DISA, Joint Agencies, DIA, USDA/NIFA, USDA/FNS, USDA/FSIS, USDA/FSA, BPD, BFS etc. providing Information Technology and Organizational Support solutions. Today, their experienced and highly qualified team members, are in nearly a dozen cities nationwide. They are recognized for their value, ingenuity, and mission focus.
Their Headquarters is located in Sterling, Virginia, and they are an established CMMI Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman Owned Small Business, Virginia MBE, and Maryland MBE.