Northwest Region - U.S.
remote mechanical engineer mid-level
Remote Mechanical Engineer (Mid-Level) – Pacific Northwest Region
Our client is seeking a Remote Mechanical Engineer (Mid-Level) to independently perform complex engineering project tasks under supervision of senior personnel. The successful candidate will while under general direction, prepare plans, specifications, and cost estimates while assigned to the Northwest Region of the U.S.
• Combine technical and market segment expertise to support the resolution of complex energy and water management issues and advise on the development of new products.
• Leverage metering, monitoring, benchmarking, analytical tools, and software to analyze and provide insight into key areas of focus for improving energy and water performance.
• Lead identification, evaluation and prioritization of capital projects, operational changes and physical plant upgrades that result in reduced energy and water consumption and demand.
• Description of the nature, condition and future state of the installations’ key energy infrastructure as well as any major changes anticipated by the installation that would influence energy consumption and resilience posture.
• Evaluate the existing state of utilities infrastructure, including electricity, water, natural gas, steam distribution, heating hot water distribution, chilled water distribution, and condensate returns.
• List recently completed and on-going energy projects to provide a snapshot of historical energy investment.
• Installation’s critical energy and water requirements what is required in the event of an energy disruption, emergency, or planned or unplanned extended outages.
• Assess the condition of building physical components and electromechanical systems, collect Inventory and Condition assessment information, and input relevant data into applicable software tool.
• Perform quality control of existing and collected data.
• Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 years’ experience preferred Or, bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience.
QUALIFICATION (EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE):
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) required (if not possessed, a willingness and ability to obtain C.E.M. certification within a reasonable time frame).
• Relevant industry certifications preferred (e.g. PE, EE, CWEP, CEA, BESA, EBCP, LEED).
• Federal installation experience preferred.
• Experience with DoD Instruction 4170.11, “Installation Energy Management,” December 11, 2009 (Change 1, Effective March 16, 2016) and OSD Installation Energy Plans Memo dated 2016 and 2018.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
The Client is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors. Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.