Learn more about what we do
remote environmental scientist
Our client is seeking a Remote Environmental Scientist to provide support in the Northwest Region.
• Assessment of MS4 and Industrial Stormwater programs with associated permits and plans
• Inspect post-construction stormwater management practices.
• Identify and make proper notifications regarding any corrective actions that need to be taken.
• Participate in site investigation field activities, including but not limited to environmental site assessments; field sampling (soil, groundwater, surface water and air); Phase I/II/III environmental site assessments; permitting; and remedial oversight.
• Conduct data analyses and reduction of field and analytical data.
• Support the preparation of technical reports including but not limited to proposals, environmental reports, permit applications, work plans, health and safety plans, and other written deliverables.
• Gather technical data using computer-based programs to support environmental document development.
• Provide high technical quality and safe job performance.
• Project related travel and ability to work 10 to 12-hour days in the field are required
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or related discipline. MS is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Current 40-hour OSHA/HAZWOPER Training, Current 8-hour OSHA/HAZWOPER Refresher and Site Supervisor Training a plus.
• Five years of technical experience for an environmental firm.
• Experience in work plan preparation and technical report writing. Solid technical writing skills required (writing sample may be requested).
• Experience executing field investigations with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of state and federal regulations (CERCLA, RCRA, state regulations in WA, OR, and other states in the Northwest Region.
• Knowledge and skills in the following a plus: (1) NEPA, NHPA, CWA, and other relevant federal and state regulations and guidance; (2) natural resources management, permitting, and (3) use of GIS/GPS technologies.
• Experience with transportation projects a plus.
• Adherence to H&S and QA/QC processes and protocols.
• Must be detail oriented, and a team player with good communication and time management skill.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
The Client is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors. Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.