IT Security Consultant
IT Security Consultant– Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, Bremerton, WA
Our client is seeking an IT Security Consultant to support their Federal Operations at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, WA. The successful candidate will work with a highly skilled and experienced team focusing on next-generation security solutions, help clients to modernize their security solutions and provide visibility into cybersecurity activities and incidents.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with a highly skilled and experienced team focusing on next-generation security solutions.
• Help clients to modernize their security solutions and provide visibility into cybersecurity activities and incidents.
• Apply advanced consulting or extensive technical expertise.
• Develop innovative solutions to ensure security is consistently top notch.
• Monitors the domain and provide active and proactive security and cyber monitoring, for a given group/project domain.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Three (3) plus years of experience with UNIX or Linux Operating System Administration
• Three (3) plus years of experience with Cyber Threat Analysis Tools, Tactics, and Techniques.
• Experience with deploying, managing and configuration of Splunk Enterprise Security App.
• Knowledge of Python, PowerShell, and other scripting languages.
• Knowledge of hardening Splunk environments.
• Ability to provide expertise in the deployment, configuration, optimization, and operations in Splunk instances.
• Active DoD Security Clearance or ability to obtain one.
• COMPTIA Security + Certification.
• Ability to obtain Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Certification within 6 months after hire.
• Three (3) plus years of experience as a Systems Administrator.
• Three (3) plus years of experience with implementing or monitoring information security and compliance with DoD system settings and processes
• Experience with Phantom Administration.
• Experience with Managing multi-site distributed clustered Splunk and equivalent hardware infrastructure, and support in a clustered environment.
• Knowledge of Splunk setup, configuration, and tuning of the software.
• Knowledge of Splunk Engineering best practices.
• Ability to bring new datasets into the Splunk environment.
• Must be a Splunk Core Certified User.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
The Client is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.