Environmental Engineer - Remote
Our client is seeking an Environmental Engineer (REMOTE) to support their operations in the Pacific Northwest.
Supports a variety of ecological restoration, flood risk reduction, and infrastructure protection projects for public and private clients throughout the Pacific Northwest in collaboration with multidisciplinary internal and client project teams. Projects may include:
• River and stream habitat restoration and enhancement.
• Fish passage improvements.
• Watershed and floodplain assessment and planning.
• River and stream bank stabilization.
• Flood control.
• Support for other engineering projects.
• Technical report writing.
• Creative designs and implementation for LID low-impact development and green design on public works projects.
• Creativity in independent design of stormwater quality treatment and detention facilities, hydraulics.
• Quality control reviews.
• Minimum Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineer is required.
• Expertise in planning and design of projects in rivers, streams, and floodplains.
• Experience in stream and pipe hydraulics, hydrology analysis planning.
• Experience in designing stormwater treatment and flow control facilities (WSDOT) and Ecology stormwater standards.
• 5 years relevant experience including: familiarity with Pacific Northwest watersheds, experience preparing design plans (including fish passage), construction specifications, preparation of construction plans, construction cost estimates, managing design tasks through completion and construction, developing scopes of work and budgets for design work.
• Knowledge of state program regulations.
• Experience with MGSFlood, AutoCAD, Civil 3d, WWHM, Stormshed, and KCRTS preferred.
• Current professional engineer’s license in WA, or ability to readily obtain one.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience with technical report writing.
• A current driver’s license.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
The Client is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors. Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to [email protected]. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.