Baton Rouge, LA
accountant - unanet
Accountant - Unanet
Our client is seeking an Accountant with Unanet experience to support their Federal Programs/Operations in Baton Rouge, LA.
You should possess excellent analytical skills, understand burden rates, establish and track project budgets, have experience with auditable time and expense accounting programs, and calculate profit margins. Our ideal candidate should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for the client. This position can be a remote-based but is a part of our corporate office operations.
Ultimately, you will contribute to the successful, profitable execution of a range of commercial and government projects, both large and small, by analyzing and managing cost information to maximize profitability for our company.
• Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on an as needed basis
• Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
• Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data
• Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals and project budgets
• Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance
• Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e., GAAP, FASB), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control
• Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
• Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information
• Identify areas for improvement and implement improvements to processes
• Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Five (5) years’ experience working in a Unanet accounting environment
• Bachelor’s Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred but not required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and Unanet accounting software
• A thorough knowledge of standard contract pricing terms, including hourly, lump sum, not-to-exceed and time and materials
• Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
• Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
• Working knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Client Company was established in 1986 and is a Woman-Owned Small Business headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Over the past 30+ years the company has grown through acquisition and through the hard work of a staff that believes in our Core Values. Since 2007, the company has managed 115 federal government contracts with a total of 552 individual task order projects for a total contract value of over $94.5 million dollars for clients such as the General Service Administration, the US Army Corps of Engineers in 10 Districts, the US Coast Guard, the US Air Force, the US Army National Guard, the US Geological Survey, the US Navy, the National Park Service and FEMA. The company is growing, and their federal and commercial contract portfolio reflects that growth. They are building on a foundation of success by selecting the finest people to complement that growth.
Client offers generous compensation, paid time off, great benefits package, remote work environment, and the opportunity to be part of a team that makes a positive impact on our environment. The client is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.