FIELD GEOLOGIST – HOUSTON, TX
Our Client is seeking to place a Field Geologist in Houston, TX to support their Federal Programs. The successful candidate will contribute to the profitable execution of a wide range of government projects, both large and small, within a team of professionals with well-defined goals.
• Conduct field work, including supporting geotechnical drilling operations, logging and packaging of soil borings, support development of all reports.
• Support geologic and geotechnical mapping needs for Hydrogeology and Geotechnical Engineers.
• Supervise and support environmental drillers, geophysical surveyors, excavation service providers, field laboratories, and land surveyor(s) subcontractors such as soil/groundwater sample collection/analysis.
• Direct the installation and development of monitoring and remediation wells.
• Collect, organize, and ship environmental samples (soil, groundwater, sediment, and surface water samples) for laboratory analysis.
• Support development of technical task order approach, pricing, and schedules.
• Assist with the development of work plans (UFP-QAPP) to guide investigative field efforts.
• Support reconnaissance efforts to gather relevant historical data.
• Review technical data and draft technical reports including communication with GIS team to create figures for reporting.
• Maintain required safety training.
• Work with Project Managers and Field Team to set up all field equipment required for sampling activities.
• Document all field activities in project logbooks.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science, or other related field with emphasis or minor in Geology.
• Three (3) plus years of experience in Geotechnical Field Investigations with federal or commercial projects, with proven ability to develop accurate technical reports in accordance with Federal and State regulations and guidelines.
• Experience in Environmental Compliance and Environmental Remediation are a plus.
• Experience with Wet-Rotary or Hollow Stem Auger drilling techniques
• Experience in borehole backfilling.
• Knowledge of current regional and national initiatives relative to Environmental Compliance.
• Current HAZWOPER 40-hour training/8-hour refresher; ability to pass HazMat physical.
• Must have Site Safety & Health Officer (SSHO) experience.
• Knowledge of federal environmental laws and regulations.
• In-depth understanding of work plans and reports for environmental projects.
• Must be able to balance multiple concurrent projects simultaneously.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Microsoft PC applications; WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint.
• gINT (Geotechnical and Geo-environmental software) is a plus.
• Valid driver's license.
• Willingness/ability to travel.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Client Company was established in 1986 and is a Woman-Owned Small Business headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Over the past 30+ years the company has grown through acquisition and through the hard work of a staff that believes in our Core Values. Since 2007, the company has managed 115 federal government contracts with a total of 552 individual task order projects for a total contract value of over $94.5 million dollars for clients such as the General Service Administration, the US Army Corps of Engineers in 10 Districts, the US Coast Guard, the US Air Force, the US Army National Guard, the US Geological Survey, the US Navy, the National Park Service and FEMA. The company is growing, and their federal and commercial contract portfolio reflects that growth. They are building on a foundation of success by selecting the finest people to complement that growth.
The client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, vets.